[外絮] 在 Murray 受傷時伸出援手的球員兄弟會

看板 NBA
作者 LABOYS (洛城浪子)
時間 2022-01-31 10:53:55
留言 59則留言 (55推 0噓 4→)

https://www.denverpost.com/2022/01/30/jamal-murray-acl-all-stars-fraternity/ Meet the All-Stars who coached Jamal Murray back from ACL surgery: “It’s a fraternity” “If we don’t look out for each other, who will? No one understands us better than each other,” Victor Oladipo says 「如果我們不照護彼此,有誰會這麼做?沒有人比我們球員更了解彼此。」 Victor Oladipo 如是說。 By MIKE SINGER | [email protected] | The Denver Post January 30, 2022 at 5:45 a.m. Jamal Murray didn’t want the wheelchair. Moments after his left knee buckled on a drive at Golden State last April, Murray chose to hobble off the floor, arms draped over two staff members, rather than roll off it. Jamal Murray 不想坐輪椅。 在去年四月對抗金州勇士對的一場比賽中,當他的左膝扭傷後不久, Murray 選擇被兩個工作人員,攙著手臂一拐一拐的離開球場,而非坐著輪椅被推出去。 The toughness invoked memories of the strength Warriors star Klay Thompson used when he limped back onto the court after tearing his left ACL in Game 6 of the 2019 NBA Finals. 這種強悍讓人想起了勇士隊球星 Klay Thompson , 在2019年 NBA 總決賽第六戰撕裂 ACL 之後瘸著腳回到球場上時展現的力量。 In the grim postgame locker room, as Murray grappled with the magnitude of his injury, his knee burned. There, inside the visiting locker room at the Chase Center, was Thompson — one of the few people who could empathize. 在氣氛嚴峻的賽後球員更衣室裡, Murray 努力應對他嚴重的傷勢,他的膝蓋受創甚巨。 而在 Chase Center 的客隊休息室裡, Thompson 是少數幾個能夠徹底感同身受這般苦楚的人之一。 “I told him that I felt for him, first off,” Thompson told The Denver Post. “… I can tell by how competitive he is. If he channels that competitiveness into his daily tasks he has to do for his knee, he’s going to be an All-Star level player again.” 「首先,我告訴他,我為他感到難過,」 Thompson 這般告訴丹佛郵報。 「從他的競爭性我就可窺一二。如果他將這種天性轉化成動力, 致力於讓膝蓋恢復的日常努力之上,他將再次恢復他那全明星等級的身手。」 Thompson said the moment was wrenching for him, bringing back memories of his own devastating knee injury. Thompson 說那一刻對他來說十分難受,因為喚回了他自己膝蓋受傷時的記憶。 “I hated seeing it,” he said. “He’s so important to their team, him and (Nikola) Jokic. I really felt for him in that instance, because I’ve been there, and it’s kind of uncharted territory. He’s in the prime of his career. It just sucks, not just for the Nuggets but for the whole NBA. 「我討厭看到 Murray 受傷,」 他這麼說。 「他對他們的球隊來說非常重要,他和 (Nikola) Jokic 是球隊關鍵要角。 面臨這種狀況,我真的替他感到很遺憾,他正處於職業生涯的黃金時期。 發生這種事情糟透了,不只是對金塊隊,對整個聯盟來說都是如此。」 “… It’s so hard to win without one of your best players. It’s been evident for us the last couple years,” Thompson added. “I felt for him. I love his game. I think he’s a great lead guard, can do everything. I know he ’ll bounce back because his skill level is so high. Great athlete, too. I’ ve seen him catch a lot of bodies. He’ll gain that back because I did in my jumping knee, too.” 「…如果你隊上最好的球員之一缺席比賽, 球隊是很難取勝的。過去幾年我們勇士隊就是一個很明顯的例子。」 Thompson 補充。 「所以我很替他難過,我喜歡他的比賽風格。他是一名出類拔萃的後衛,無所不能。 我知道他會逆勢反彈,因為他的球技是如此高超。」 「他同時也是個卓越的運動員。我看過他打爆許多他對面的球員。 他會取回他的球技的,就像我從跳躍膝康復做的一樣。」 Thompson came back from his extended absence Jan. 9, an absence made longer by a torn Achilles suffered while rehabbing his ACL. Murray, who’s now more than nine months removed from his ACL tear, made a point of watching Thompson ’s return. Thompson 在1月9日從長期缺賽中復出。 他在ACL傷勢的復原期間又遭遇跟腱撕裂,導致他休戰了更長的時間。 Murray 現在已經因傷缺陣九個多月了,他也特別關注 Thompson 復出的情況。 During a late December visit to Denver, the Warriors star was strolling Cherry Creek and stumbled upon a mural that provoked a “surreal moment,” to use his words. The mural was a coiling black snake that reminded Thompson of a black mamba. 在12月下旬到訪丹佛的期間,這位勇士隊球星在櫻桃溪漫步時,偶然發現了一幅壁畫, 用他自己的話來說,這幅畫引發了「超現實的一刻」。 壁畫上是一條盤據的黑蛇,讓 Thompson 想起了黑曼巴。 “That mural was titled, ‘All things must pass.’ That resonated with me so much, especially the last two years,” he said. 「那幅壁畫的標題是『一切都必須過去』, 這引起了我很大的共鳴,尤其是過去兩年。」 他說。 “Just like Jamal’s time off the floor, my time off the floor, there’s an endpoint. Those tough times will pass, just like Cherry Creek was flowing, the water keeps flowing. That’s what I tried to tell Jamal that moment after he did it.” 「就像 Jamal 被迫離開球場的時刻,如同我被迫離開球場的時刻一樣, 會有一個終點,這些艱難的時刻終究會過去,就好像流動的櫻桃溪一樣, 溪水會一直不停的流動。這就是我在 Jamal 面對這個狀況後試圖告訴他的。」 Heat guard Victor Oladipo was there for Murray, too. In the midst of his own seasons-long rehab for a quad injury, Oladipo first reached out to Murray on Instagram. Phone calls followed and then a chance in-person encounter. 熱火隊後衛 Victor Oladipo 是另一個對 Murray 伸出援手的人。 在他自己長達一個賽季的四頭肌傷勢康復期間, Oladipo 率先在 Instagram 上聯繫了 Murray。電話接踵而至,然後是一次偶然的碰面。 “Been a fan of his for quite some time,” Oladipo told The Post. “We have mutual friends in the league. Just wanted to reach out and give him my two cents on the rehab process and what goes into it. Just showing him how much a lot of it goes into the mental aspect of believing that you can come back better than you were.” 「我很長一段時間以來一直是他的球迷,」 Oladipo 告訴丹佛郵報, 「我們在聯盟中有共同的朋友,只是想伸出援手,在他恢復的過程中分享一些意見, 如何經歷接下來的會發生的事。只是想向他提示你會帶著怎麼樣的狀態會到球場, 取決於你有多相信自己可以恢復的比以前更加出色的信念,你心理層面的強悍程度,」 Oladipo told Murray the mental parts of rehab can be much more daunting than the physical: Wondering if you’ll ever have the same athletic ability. Oladipo reassured Murray that controlling those aspects — heeding the patience, tempering the progress — could ultimately speed up the recovery process. Oladipo 告訴 Murray,面對重大傷情心理層面的狀況, 可能遠比身體問題要令人生畏。你會懷疑你還能否回到相同的運動能力。 Oladipo 向 Murray 保證︰假使你控制住這些環節 — 保持耐心循序漸進,砥礪自己持續進步 — 最終可以加速你恢復的過程。 “At the end of the day, we compete against each other, but there’s only 400 of us in the world,” the two-time All-Star said. “Gotta have each other’s backs somehow. 「歸根究底,我們還是球場上的競爭敵手, 但是這個世界上在這個聯盟裡打球的只有 400 人。」 這位兩屆全明星球員如是說。 「我們必須想辦法互相支持彼此。」 “We understand that, especially when you get older in the league. You understand the dynamic of the league and what goes into it. Just do your best to understand we’re the rarity. If we don’t look out for each other, who will? No one understands us better than each other.” 「我們都理解這一點,特別是當你在聯盟中變得更加年長的時候。 你了解了聯盟中的瞬息萬變,了解了聯盟中會發生的事情。 盡你最大的努力去理解我們這個族群是很稀少的一群。 如果我們不照護彼此,有誰會這麼做?沒有人比我們球員更了解彼此。」 Perhaps the most interesting revelation from their exchanges was how eager Murray was to consume whatever advice he could find. A tireless worker and antsy competitor, Murray had to channel his energy somewhere the past nine months. 或許他們的交流中最有趣的啟示是︰Murray 如何渴求著他所能找尋到的任何建議。 作為一位不知疲倦為何物的工作者,和焦躁難耐的鬥士, Murray 不得不在過去九個月間,把自己的精力引導到其他某個出口。 “He was very open to learning, which you could see from him when he first got into the league and how much he’s grown, and how much better he’s gotten since he’s been in the league,” Oladipo said. “He’s that type of player, who’s open and willing to learn. When it came to rehab, it was no different. He asked me, and I gave him the best advice I could give him.” 「他面對學習態度是非常開放的,從他從剛進聯盟時和現在的他相比, 你可以看得出來他成長了多少,他進入聯盟之後提昇的幅度有多大。」 Oladipo 說。 「他就是那種性格開朗,樂於學習的球員。 當面對傷後康復這個話題,他的態度也沒有什麼不同。」 「他問我,而我給予他我所能想到的最好的建議。」 A few weeks after Oladipo reached out to Murray on social media, the two happened to run into each other at a restaurant. They sat down together and the conversation continued, with Murray asking and Oladipo answering. 在 Oladipo 在社交媒體上和 Murray 取得聯繫的幾週後, 兩人碰巧在一家餐廳偶遇。他們坐在一起,繼續先前的話題。 Murray 繼續提問,而 Oladipo 繼續回答。 “I’ve been a fan of Jamal’s for a while, especially him playing under Coach (Michael) Malone, who’s one of my favorite coaches in the league just to watch,” Oladipo said. “He’s grown under him. When I saw he was let down by that whole situation, I felt it was my duty and obligation to reach out. … Without adversity you can’t truly grow and be better.” 「我成為 Jamal 的球迷已經好一陣子了,特別是他在 (Michael) Malone 底下打球, 他是聯盟我最喜歡的教練之一,就是想看他領軍的球隊表現。」 Oladipo 表示。 「他在 Malone 教練麾下成長,當我看到他對自己面臨的整個處境感到沮喪的時候, 我覺得伸出援手是我的責任,我的義務。」 「沒有逆境,你就無法真正的成長,真正的變得更好。」 Chicago Bulls star Zach LaVine’s soaring ascension has rendered his 2017 ACL tear a footnote in his blossoming career. A few years removed, LaVine is on the verge of his second consecutive All-Star game. 芝加哥公牛球星 Zach LaVine 於聯盟飛速竄昇的時期, 2017 年的 ACL 撕裂,成為了他球員生涯急速嶄露頭角的一抹註解。 數年過去,LaVine 即將連續兩年入選到全明星賽當中。 In truth, there may be no better example of a player regaining his burst than LaVine. 事實上,可能沒有比 LaVine 更好的,球員爆發力恢復的例子了。 So, when LaVine reached out to Murray in the aftermath of his injury, texting him, “You’re gonna be fine,’” it wasn’t the same type of encouragement as what he heard from everyone else. 所以,當 LaVine 在 Murray 受傷後聯繫他,用文字訊息告訴他「你會好起來的」, 這和他從其他人之處獲得到的鼓勵有所不同。 “I’ve known Jamal for a while,” LaVine told The Post. “We were both with Adidas for a little bit. We got to know each other, got respect for each others’ games, obviously. Just checking in, seeing where he’s at at six months. 「我認識 Jamal 已經有一段時間了,」 LaVine 告訴丹佛郵報, 「我們都在 Adidas 待過,很明顯的, 我們都很尊重彼此的比賽,只是想確認一下,看看他傷後六個月時恢復的情況如何。」 “I remember the process, asking him, like, how much he’s lifting because all I know is that you eat and you lift. That’s all you do. So obviously maintain your weight, obviously telling him, ‘I know you’re doing nothing but form shots’ and getting his left and right hand right. If he feels something funny, I went through the same process, so just let me know if you need anything. Not from a competitive standpoint but from a friendship.” 「我還記得這個過程,我問他,就類似: 你現在能舉多重,我所知道的過程是, 你要保持飲食和你的重訓狀況。這就是所有你要做的,你要維持你的重量, 很明顯我就是直言︰ 『我知道你現在除了做一些投籃之外什麼都不能做。』 就是保持自己左手和右手的狀況,如果他覺得自己陷入這個狀況很可笑, 我也經歷過同樣的過程,所以如果你需要任何幫助,就讓我知道, 這不是從競爭者的角度出發,而是從友誼的角度為出發點。」 Before Murray entered health-and-safety protocols this past week, he’d progressed to one-on-one work against player development coach Stephen Graham. Ahead of last week’s home game against the Clippers, there was Murray inviting contact, pacing and dancing with the ball, searching for a window to get his shot off. Though there remains no timetable for his return, the steely confidence that has long been a trademark of Murray’s never left his face. 在上週 Murray 觸發球員健康安全協議之前, 他已經和球員發展教練 Stephen Graham 開始進行一對一的訓練, 在上週主場迎戰快艇的比賽之前, Murray 開始接受了身體接觸,隨球移動,尋找空檔讓自己得以出手的訓練內容。 儘管他的歸期還沒有詳細時間表。 但長期以來,Murray 臉上鋼鐵般的自信和堅毅的神情從未消失過。 But according to LaVine, it’s impossible to know where Murray’s head is truly at. 不過根據 LaVine 的說法,旁人不可能知道 Murray 腦海到底在想什麼。 “I know I put on a smile half the time just to let everybody know around me, ‘I’m OK,’ even though you have some up and down days,” he said. “It’s tough to deal with. It makes you a stronger person, it makes you really mentally tough.” 「我知道我自己有一半的時間都在擠出微笑, 只是為了讓周遭每個人都知道『我很好」,即使你面對的是一些起起伏伏的日子。」 他說, 「很難去處理這種狀況, 但這砥礪你成為一個更強大的人,它讓你在精神層面上變得真正堅韌。」 Not that Murray needed much help in that department. 但也不是 Murray 在這個範疇真的需要很多的幫助。 “It’s a fraternity, man, it really is,” LaVine said. “There’s only so many of us and especially for guys that have some type of friendship and respect for each other, I’m always there for that.” 「這是一個兄弟會,老兄,真的是如此。」 LaVine 表示。 「我們的成員就只有這麼多人, 特別是對那些有特殊情誼和互相尊重的朋友來說,我會永遠在那兒試圖給予幫助。」 https://i.imgur.com/2RwBeTL.jpg
The “All Things Must Pass” mural on Cherry Creek Trail in Denver. Art by Jason Garcia (@_jason.garcia_) "All Things Must Pass" 所有的一切都會過去 新年希望版友和球員都順心。 --
※ 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc), 來自: 36.228.77.52 (臺灣)
※ 文章網址: https://www.ptt.cc/bbs/NBA/M.1643597639.A.499.html

lillardfor3 : 兄弟會 01/31 10:56

warmman5566 : 兄弟幫 01/31 10:56

Tkuers : 太暖了吧 01/31 10:56

Gilbertsky : 他心裡層面應該滿強大的吧 畢竟那裡都被大家看光了 01/31 11:00

handfox : 幹太感動了 01/31 11:00

Chanlin01 : 很大 01/31 11:01

zakijudelo : Murray什麼時候才能復出啊,想看完成體的金塊等好 01/31 11:01

zakijudelo : 久了 01/31 11:01

arno6248 : 這個兄弟會有點強… 01/31 11:01

c22501656 : 嘴綠++ 01/31 11:02