[外絮] 七六人讓Embiid延後手術好享受暑假?

看板 NBA
作者 roger29 (看我幹麻 你把我當垃圾啊)
時間 2016-03-22 00:18:14
留言 37則留言 (25推 0噓 12→)

來源:SB Nation 網址:http://tinyurl.com/zo9zd8j 時間:Mar 20, 2016, 3:47p Did the Sixers allow Joel Embiid to delay second foot surgery to enjoy summer? Caution has been the name of the game for the Sixers medical department, but a recent report from the Courier Times' Tom Moore is making some waves for a sourced detail regarding the timeline of Joel Embiid's second foot surgery. 戒慎恐懼是七六人的醫療團隊最重要的部分,不過最近Courier Times的Moore報導讓 Embiid之前第二次腳部手術的事件又興起了一些風浪。 Moore's column primarily discusses the unique scenario of expecting greatness from a player who missed his first two seasons, but buried toward the bottom is an interesting inclusion (bold emphasis mine): Moore的專欄主要是在討論這位缺席他生涯前兩個賽季的球員,不過這之間夾雜了一些有趣 的內容: Two sources expressed surprise that the Sixers don't plan to let Embiid first experience NBA ball in a more controlled atmosphere during July's summer leagues like they did with Nerlens Noel in July 2014 after Noel was sidelined for his first year with a torn ACL. 有兩個來源對七六人決定讓Embiid不那麼急著回到球場感上感到驚訝,這和他們之前對 Noel的做法不一樣,Noel在他的第一個球季就發生了十字韌帶斷裂。 Sixers management has said Embiid will skip summer leagues in part because it'll only be 11 months since his second surgery. Two sources noted the Sixers permitted Embiid to delay the most recent operation from late June until Aug. 18, apparently because he wanted to enjoy himself for more of the summer. 七六人的管理層說Embiid將會跳過夏季聯盟,因為這距離他第二次手術還不滿11個月,這 兩個來源並說七六人去年答應讓Embiid延後手術,是因為Embiid想要好好享受暑假,所以 手術時間從去年六月推遲到八月。 A curious note if in fact it's true, but let's circle back to last summer and parse through what we knew at the time. 讓我們先回到去年夏天來看看當時我們知道什麼。 In mid-August, Sixers GM Sam Hinkie spoke to reporters on a conference call the day after Embiid's foot surgery, addressing the timeline, discovery/recovery process and a gaggle of other tidbits. In his opening remarks, Hinkie made sure to note that discussing options with the young center was an important part of the process: 在去年八月中旬,七六人的GM Hinkie在Embiid的手術後向記者發布了術後的時間表,恢復 流程以及一些瑣碎項目。Hinkie特別提到和這位年輕中鋒討論這些流程是其中重要的一部 分。 I gave him a chance to ask questions. I said, ‘Do you have other questions? Where can I help?' We talked through it.‘Do you understand? What's unclear? What are you not sure about? What do you not trust? What do you trust?' So we talked through that. 我給Embiid機會發問。我這麼說:「你有任何問題嗎?或是哪裡我可以幫忙?」我們討論 了一些東西。「你了解了嗎?有哪裡不清楚的?有什麼你還不確定?或是你不相信什麼? 你相信什麼?」我們就討論了這些相關話題。 That was a good conversation; and at the end of that I asked him, ‘Joel, what do you want to do? We've told you what we think is best. What do you want to do?' He said, ‘I want to have the surgery.' I said, ‘Okay.' I said, ‘Who should do it?' And he said, ‘I'm not sure yet. I'm not sure.' And that made total sense. I said, ‘Why don't we do this... why don't we go out tonight and send out a release that says you're going to have the surgery?' And he said, ‘Fine. That seems fine to me.' So, we agreed then that we would do some more work and we would get to it. 那是個很棒的對話,在最後我問他:「Joel,你覺得你想怎麼做,我們已經告訴你我們覺 得怎麼做是最好的了。」Embiid說:「我想要做手術。」我說:「好,那誰要來做?」 Embiid說:「我還不確定。」接著我就說:「不如我們就今晚發出你需要手術的訊息?」 Embiid說:「好,這聽起來不錯。」所以,我們最後都同意我們需要更多的工作來幫助 Embiid恢復。 As it turns out, Embiid had some due diligence of his own to do before a final medical team and date was set, according to Hinkie: 事實證明,在他最終的醫療團隊和日期敲定前,他還有一些功課要做,根據Hinkie的說法 From that point, Joel had some additional diligence that he wanted to do. Part of which was the kinds of things we hadn't done a lot of yet, which were I thought, in hindsight, quite reasonable things like talk to players. Embiid還有一些功課想做。其中有一些是我們之前也沒什麼做的,我認為在事後看來,這 些對球員來說是很合理的。 He's talked to a number of the players, I think some of which were from Wasserman and some of which were from other places that had had first-hand experience as a patient with the various surgeons we were looking at. I thought that was a really reasonable approach and a good way to think about it if you're a patient. So, we did that and the decision at the end was to put together this group of doctors that we all feel comfortable with and everybody needed to feel comfortable with to do it. Embiid有和一些球員交流過,我猜有的是來自Wasserman media group,有的是來自其他地 方。我認為這對一個病人來說是個很好的方式去思考的。所以最終的決定是將所有我們認 為不錯的醫師和其他相關人員的集合起來去做這件事。 Letting a player who already went through a year of rehab do some exploratory work is completely reasonable, and frankly to be expected. 讓一個已經經過一整年復健的球員去做一些探索性的工作是完全合情合理的。 The search for the correct surgery team also matches up with what the Sixers said publically earlier last summer. In Hinkie's July 11th statement formally announcing Embiid would undergo another surgery, he claimed the team was, "still in the process of determining the doctor who will perform the procedure, which should be finalized in the coming days." 手術的醫療團隊也和七六人在去年夏天對外公開的吻合。在Hinkie 7/11的聲明中也正式宣 布Embiid將會進行另一次手術,他宣稱球隊依然在評估要讓哪個醫師執刀。 Of course, when a team of surgeons is involved, coordinating high-quality doctors for a single procedure is no small task, and Hinkie admitted to botching the timeline: 當然,當關係到一整個醫療團隊,任何一個步驟都不是小事,Hinkie也承認時間表被打亂 了: There is a little bit of scheduling to make that happen. If you think our lives are busy, you should see these doctors that are in such high demand to perform surgeries for people all around the globe. So, to get all their schedules together and to do it we grew comfortable during that period that there weren't particular risks to waiting. I think time is on our side here. 我們還需要多一點的規劃。如果你認為我們的生活很忙碌,那你就該來看看這些進行手術 的醫療人員。所以我認為多花一點時間並非危機,時間還是站在我們這邊的。 I said at the time and we put in the release is that we expected the procedure to take place in the next 7-10 days. I think my estimate stunk there. But at the same time, within a few days we kept doing more and more research, some of which Joel was doing on his own, some of which we were doing on his behalf. I didn't particularly care, honestly it's not about me. It's about getting the answer right. It's about getting everybody comfortable with where we're headed because of the gravity of the decision. 我之前說我們發布的消息是我們希望手術可以在7到10天後開始。我想我的估計已經不適用 了。但是同時間,在這幾天內我們做了更多的研究,有的是Embiid自己進行的,有的是我 們以他的名義進行的。我在意的是我們做的決定是正確的和讓大家感到舒適的。 The optics of the situation were such that they may have given the impression Embiid was loafing around and jet-setting all summer. Noted in the call was the fact that Hinkie's meeting with Embiid took place in Las Vegas, and that his trip to Vegas was at least in part to meet with the GM. Embiid's presence in Vegas was presented as a point of contention in last fall's hit job by The Cauldron when in fact all indications point to the visit being used as an important launch point for the surgery process. 外界看起來就像他們讓Embiid看起來浪費了整個夏天。Hinkie和Embiid是在拉斯維加斯開 會的,而和GM開會就是Embiid去拉斯維加斯的原因之一。根據The Cauldron的報導, 所有跡象都顯示出Embiid出現在拉斯維加斯就是影響整個手術流程的啟動點。 A delay in Embiid's surgery date appears to have made complete sense when all factors are considered. Perhaps the more interesting question is this -- if they did delay for the sake of letting him enjoy his summer, is that inherently bad? 當所有因素的串連起來後,Embiid的手術為什麼會延後就很明顯了。或許更有趣的是,如 果他們延後手術是為了讓Embiid能享受他的暑假,這一定是不好的嗎? A hallmark of Sixers criticism since they've undertaken the rebuild is framing the franchise as a cold, calculating machine ignorant of the "human" side of basketball. Hinkie's reputation as a number-cruncher, the team's exploitation of salary rules and a flippant attitude towards winning games in the short term have combined to cement this reputation publically. 對於七六人這支球隊主要的批評大多都有一個共通點,就是認為他們都把球員當成一個冷 血的機器人一樣,忘記了球員其實也是人。Hinkie以精打細算而頗負盛名,七六人在薪資 上的不公平待遇與對比賽的優良「觀念」更加強了他的名氣。 Loads of evidence exists to the contrary -- career journeymen like Ish Smith or the departed Thomas Robinson have raved about how different it is in Philly compared to outside perception -- and attention to detail on an individual level appears to be a strength, not a weakness. 不過很多證據顯示其實是相反的,生涯待過許多球隊的Ish Smith以及已經離隊的Thomas Robinson都曾經談到在七六人的經驗是與外界的看法如何不同,重視個人的細節看起來是 一個優勢而非弱勢。 Would it be really so terrible even if the Sixers allowed Embiid to get his mind right before undergoing another surgery? It's easy to forget, but he dealt with family tragedy and losing the ability to play the game he loves the year before, all while adjusting to a new, unfamiliar area. Faced with another year's worth of rehab, I think it would show extraordinary patience and awareness for the Sixers to allow their brightest talent a break before beginning the road to physical recovery. 七六人讓Embiid延後手術這件事難道真的有這麼嚴重嗎?相較於Embiid必須面對他的家庭 悲劇(譯註*),以及他已暫時無法從事他最愛的比賽數年來看,應該是沒什麼吧。我認為七 六人有非凡的耐心和良好的認知,才會同意他們隊上天賦最佳的球員在漫長的復健之路前可 以好好放鬆一下。 *譯註:家庭悲劇是指前年Embiid的弟弟於非洲因故身亡,年僅十三歲。 It would certainly appear Embiid had a hand in his surgery being pushed back deeper into the summer. The nature of that pushback, however, is up for debate, and it appears this is simply another case of the Sixers crossing their t's and dotting their i's. 必定有一個推手讓Embiid可以去享受他手術前的暑假,至於是誰推動的,這就有待爭論了 ,這也是會讓七六人頭痛的問題。 --- 希望推特王可以早日康復回來打球。 複習一下他的dream shake:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qWPu3QrkJg
--

※ 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc), 來自: 111.249.99.204
※ 文章網址: https://www.ptt.cc/bbs/NBA/M.1458577098.A.214.html

noahlin : 這種心態有天份也打不出來吧.. 03/22 00:20

PeterHenson : 推特王76人還是不想放阿,這隻天花板是大夢耶 03/22 00:21

a28200266 : 坦克大隊 03/22 00:21

a28200266 : Sliver真的該派人去管管76人了 根本想坦到底 03/22 00:22

a28200266 : 只想賺錢 03/22 00:22

jyekid : 那個晃肩真像KG 03/22 00:23

popstarkirby: 這位也是天賦哥 03/22 00:23

rettttt5 : 在成長關鍵期荒廢兩年,還長得出來嗎? 03/22 00:29

Khan0826 : 天花板是大夢?? 一堆人都是天空 大夢有什麼了不起 03/22 00:39