Clijsters To Make Tour, Slam Return in Summer

看板 Tennis
作者 tim2502 (踢馬)
時間 2009-03-26 23:26:38
留言 1則留言 (1推 0噓 0→)

Clijsters To Make Tour, Slam Return in Summer BREE, Belgium - She was one of the most successful and popular players in women's professional tennis history, and on Thursday, March 26, 2009, after nearly two years of retirement, Kim Clijsters announced she will return to the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour for three tournaments this August, as well as a series of exhibitions. Clijsters will play her first three Tour events back at the Western & Southern Financial Group Women's Open in Cincinnati, the Rogers Cup in Toronto and the US Open in New York, following several exhibition events in the months surrounding those. The Belgian, 25, began training at the start of 2009 with the initial aim of playing just the exhibitions, most notably "A Centre Court Celebration" at Wimbledon in May, which will see her share the court with the likes of Steffi Graf, Andre Agassi, Tim Henman and the new Centre Court roof. But her hunger for competition and hard work on the practice court proved much greater than originally thought. "It all started with preparing for the gala match at Wimbledon. It was all pretty laid back. But I liked it so much I was onto my training schedule from my pro days, and then the hunger for more came automatically," Clijsters said. "I look at this as a second career, not as a comeback, as I am now in a situation where not everything revolves around tennis 24 hours a day. We'll see how I, Jada and the others in my environment can handle this." "I am delighted that one of our great champions and former world No.1s, Kim Clijsters will be returning to professional tennis and the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour this year," said Sony Ericsson WTA Tour Chairman & CEO, Larry Scott. "Kim was an extremely popular player on Tour both with the fans and other players and it will great to see her competitive spirit come alive again on court in Cincinnati, Toronto and of course Flushing Meadows, where she won her first Grand Slam." Between turning pro in August 1997 and then retiring in May 2007, Clijsters put together an historic Tour resumé. Her 34 singles titles included one Grand Slam - the 2005 US Open, while her 11 doubles titles included two Grand Slams - the French Open and Wimbledon in 2003, both with Japan's Ai Sugiyama. She made it all the way to No.1 in the world on the rankings in both of those disciplines as well, even holding both top rankings at the same time for three weeks. Clijsters cited frustrations with injury and the desire to begin a family as reasons she retired in 2007, her last event being the J&S Cup in Warsaw in May of that year, falling in the second round to Julia Vakulenko. Now, after time to heal from the many injuries that plagued her throughout her first decade on the Tour, plus her own family made up of husband and pro basketball player Brian Lynch and daughter Jada Ellie, born on February 27, 2008, she is ready to embark on the second phase of her Tour career. http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/1/newsroom/stories/?ContentID=3106 wta的官方新聞出來了 復出行程在上一篇 -- ◆ From: 123.195.228.64
※ 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc)
※ 文章網址: https://www.ptt.cc/bbs/Tennis/M.1238081199.A.269.html

steveccc:GJ~ 拜託庫妮可娃跟米絲吉娜 也趕快回來吧 03/27 07:30

您可能感興趣