[外絮] Siakam - HE COULD BE SPECIAL

看板 NBA
作者 azlbf (上邪!我欲與君相知)
時間 2019-01-13 18:06:46
留言 21則留言 (18推 0噓 3→)

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/nba/pascal-siakam-toronto-raptors-nba-career/ https://goo.gl/jEgPmx 譯者注: 1.盡量用自己話而不是直接照翻,如有謬誤歡迎指出 2.因為大家都不太熟,所以我會盡量找些大家想知道的訊息 避免與原文混淆,原文沒提到的地方會用註釋來述說 Why Toronto Raptors forward Pascal Siakam's NBA career is unique? 為何Siakam的生涯是獨一無二? 'HE COULD BE SPECIAL' BY ARDEN ZWELLING IN TORONTO Living his late father's dream and playing a crucial role on a playoff contender, Toronto Raptors forward Pascal Siakam is blowing away the usual NBA learning curve — and he's only scratched the surface. Pascal Siakam正努力做到已故父親的夢想 - 他在季後賽斬頭露角 他在NBA的球員生涯處的上升階段,而他只是剛破繭而出. 注:父親為Tchamo Siakam Pascal曾說過他最大的遺憾就是因為等待美國簽證而無法出席父親的葬禮 而當時如果他沒有拿到簽證就出境,他就無法再快速的回到美國而錯過賽事 Come on, man — it’s 5:30. We have to go. You have to go.” That’s Christian Siakam, one of three brothers to Pascal, the Toronto Raptors forward. He’s sitting in an empty gym, fiddling with his phone near the end of one the longest days he can remember. Christian’s an athlete, too — nearly as tall as his brother but much thicker, long removed from his years spent playing NCAA Div. 1 ball. All four Siakam brothers played Div. 1, but only Pascal went on to the NBA. Maybe this is why. 今天對Christian Siakam - Pascal的三個兄弟其中之一 - 來說 是漫長的一天 Pascal和他的兄弟都曾在NCAA Div1打球,也擁有近乎一樣的身高 但只有他一個進入NBA 這也許就是為什麼他會有一個最特別的NBA生涯 注1:另外三兄弟是Christian(IUPUI 非常邊緣的腳色) James(Vanderbilt 大四場均9分5板 落選後打過一年G聯盟 場均4.4分 目前在加國打球) Boris(西肯塔基 角色球員) 注2:其實Pascal有6-9 他其餘的兄弟都只有6-7 翼展也是最出色的 但實際上小時候他的兄弟James更被看好 This morning, they were on the other side of the continent, in Playa del Carmen, Mexico, where the two brothers and Raptors centre Jakob Poeltl had escaped to the palm tree-lined beach of The Fives Hotel for an all-star break getaway. It was a good trip. They ate, they lounged, they visited a small school in Nuevo Noh Bec, a remote village where scores of wide-eyed children swarmed Siakam and Poeltl for hugs and autographs, necks craned up like they were looking at skyscrapers. 一早,他們在墨西哥 - 大陸的另一端,兩兄弟還有Jakob Poeltl(去年之前在暴龍) 來到了法蘭克福酒店一個棕梠成蔭的海灘,享受他們全明星的假期 在這次愉快的旅行中,他們還參觀了一所小學,並受到明星式的歡迎 Pascal還有Jakob跟小朋友拍照,替小朋友簽名. 數十名孩子看著他們的眼神就像看到了摩天大廈 But the one thing Raptors head coach Dwane Casey asked of his players before they departed was to get a sweat. Handle a basketball. Get in some cardio. Just do something. And Siakam and Poeltl had. But Siakam wanted to do more. 但是當他們離開球場的時候,教練唯一囑咐他們的事情就是付出他們的汗水,精進他們的 籃球.他們有訓練,但是Siakam想做的更多一些. So, after spending the day on the beach, and enduring a four-hour evening flight that landed in the cold at 1:00 a.m. the next morning, the Siakam brothers dropped their bags off at the condo they share in downtown Toronto and headed straight to BioSteel Centre, the Raptors practice facility. They got there at 1:30 a.m. They didn’t leave until 6:00. 所以當他們度過了愉快的假期之後,搭了4個小時的飛機回到了多倫多時是早上1點. 並在放下行李後直奔暴龍的訓練中心.這時候才1點半.而他們早上6點才離開球場. The Raptors had a practice scheduled for the early afternoon. It didn’t matter. Siakam worked and worked and worked, as Christian watched the hours pass on his phone. Just the two of them, some basketballs, and an empty gym. “It was unbelievable,” Christian says. “That’s his dedication. That’s how much he wants to win — how much he wants to be better. The whole time I’ m telling him he needs to go. And he just kept saying, ‘I have to do more, I have to do more.’” 暴龍的團練時間是在下午,但是Siakam的眼裡只有訓練再訓練. 他的兄弟Christian從手機上看著時光一點點流逝. 一個空的訓練房,一顆籃球,只有他們兩兄弟. "不可置信" Christian說 "這就是他的籃球精神 - 他想贏的多少,就必須要付出多少努力 " "我一直告訴他 你要花上所有的時間" 而他只是一直重複說著 - 還不夠 我全都要(X During his rookie season, your typical Pascal Siakam highlight was one of three things. There were the rim-shaking dunks after backdoor cuts; the out-of-nowhere blocks that sent basketballs screaming out of play; and the sensational passages when, as everyone turned to run up the court after a Raptors defensive rebound, a 20-metre outlet pass was unleashed, often from the hands of Kyle Lowry, finding Siakam in full sprint at the other end, already behind the defence and finishing at the rim. That last category was where Siakam made his name. The ambush plays when he just beat everyone up the floor; the pure want-it-more effort you can’t teach. 在新秀賽季中,你對Pascal Siakam的記憶可能停留在這個畫面 開後門之後,Pascal一個爆扣得分,但是在球迷的激烈歡呼中,他又已經跑到後場防守了 又或者是拿下進攻籃板後,蘿莉直接發現已經空手快攻到敵陣的Pascal 然後兩人完成一次完美的搭配 而如何自發而純粹的努力,是你無法教會球員的一件事 (看向某W*ll “His motor is an NBA skill. It’s a gift. It goes, and goes, and goes,” Casey says. “But there’s other parts of his game he’s been working on and that are really coming along. I love the way he’s playing now. Handling the basketball, making decisions, reading situations — he’s not just out there using all that motor. He’s really thinking the game like a point-forward.” 他的爆發是NBA的一種技能,一種天賦 ,他衝刺 衝刺 再衝刺 但是他還有其他的亮點,試著閱讀比賽,認真地處理每一顆球,我喜歡他打球的方式 而他也持續在努力,他真的想在比賽中做一個真正的大前鋒該做的事 Now there’s a thought: What if you had a player with Siakam’s energy level and explosiveness who could also make plays off the dribble; who could also run the floor, reading defences in transition and finding the open man; who could also dart around screens and handle through traps; who could also hit threes. Well, if you’ve been paying attention to Siakam this season, you already know that’s what’s been happening. 試著想想 如果他多了帶球突破的能力 如果他多了中轉的能力 - 在中轉的時候找到空檔的隊友 甚至是多了三分球的能力 如果你一直有再關注他,你會知道我再說甚麼,你會知道他是怎麼成長的 In his rookie year, Siakam had just 17 assists all season. As a sophomore, Siakam had 17 games with four assists or more. In his first year, he attempted only seven three-pointers. This season, he put up well over 100. On both sides of the ball, Siakam maintained the vertebrae he’s built his game on — the hounding defence, the rebounding, the sheer hustle. But he also began layering other modern NBA attributes on top of all that and, in only his second year as a pro, provided an enticing glimpse of what he could someday become. “His ball-handling is off the charts. He can bring it down against pressure, he can bring it down off the break, and make good decisions, ” Casey says. “He’s really made great strides. And the great thing is he’ s still got huge upside. He’s just scratching the surface.” How did this happen? Two years ago, Siakam was a late first-round pick, a project. Six years before that, he didn’t even play basketball. Today, he’s a crucial rotation piece on the Eastern Conference’s best team. He’s guarding multiple positions, hitting threes, running the floor. It’s not normal. You aren’t supposed to evolve at such a rapid pace, particularly as a power forward, and particularly when playing at the highest level. But Pascal Siakam doesn’t see the need for a complicated explanation. “I’m just continuing to trust my work — it’s happening naturally,” he says. “I never saw myself as this big dude that was just posting up. I always liked guard stuff. I always liked to be mobile. I always wanted to handle the ball. And I work on that stuff a lot. All summer, all season. If I’m going to work on something that much, I’m going to do it in the game. I mean, why not?” 這邊講他從一年級生 不會控球 防守會漏人 不敢投三分 進步到成為固定輪替名單. 後面講一些比較仔細的就不翻了XD 我絕對不是因為趕著要跟老婆吃飯才不翻的喔 --
※ 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc), 來自: 122.118.111.165
※ 文章網址: https://www.ptt.cc/bbs/NBA/M.1547374010.A.ADD.html

Pixis : 昨天不是有人問為什麼這麼多票 01/13 18:08

mhkt : Siakam的故事有洋蔥 01/13 18:08

sun0912758 : 他真的強! 01/13 18:09

try107799 : 西亞肯姆 01/13 18:09

azlbf : 修錯字 還有補充一點點 01/13 18:11

godofdatie : 推我龍大將 01/13 18:16

jsliao9786 : 他都進步幅度真的有點嚇到 01/13 18:23

nick1628 : 這季大爆發讚讚 01/13 18:31

misuta27 : 我龍的未來 打球觀賞性很高 01/13 18:31

phoenix286 : 西亞肯姆!! 01/13 18:32